Date: October 19, 2021
Music Video of the Day:
Interstellar News: I’m alive! Spooky season has been incredibly busy and I’m so sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I promise I will return soon with all sorts of Enterprise and Marvel movies. Tonight, I want to talk about all of the amazing food I ate at the North Carolina State Fair:
- A “Redneck Egg roll” by Fat Boys BBQ that had pulled pork and coleslaw and was especially delicious with their homemade BBQ sauce.
- A pulled chicken and cheese arepa by Arepa Loca. It was topped with plantains and a guacamole sauce. They were “crazy tasty”.
- A “yammy hammy”, which is my favorite food at the fair, and some corn fritters by the Apex Lions Club.
- A corn dog by my favorite stand… they don’t have a name other than “corn dogs” but they are amazing.
- A garlic and butter pretzel by The Pretzel Lady, which we ate while watching the pig races (more on that below).
- Fresh, cold apple cider that was incredibly amazing.
- Sassy’s purple sweet potato, Tropical style (a pineapple guava salsa and coconut on top).
Woody’s was out of my Thanksgiving egg rolls, and I was sad. The husband person had his annual funnel cake, this time it was S’mores flavored.
Things I did NOT try:
- Krispy Kreme Burger or Chicken sandwhich
- Shrimp and Mac & Cheese egg roll
- Pork chop on a stick
- Waffle Chix
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos covered corn on the cob
- A mac-n-cheese hot dog
- Fried pretzel hot dogs with cheese, chili, and/or bacon.
- Deep fried brownies, mini cupcakes, or mac & cheese
- Soul rolls (collards and mad & cheese in an egg roll) – but only because I was STUFFED at this point.
Every year, I go to watch the pig races. This year we got to see the piggies, billy goats, rookie pigs, ducks, and pot bellied pigs race. They are delightful as ever. Once again, I was not crowned the “pig queen” of the fair, and I am grateful. There was a ton of other food we didn’t get to try and some things that were just missed or moved around. It was gorgeous weather, it wasn’t too crowded, and it was a wonderful was to spend a Tuesday evening and get over 10,000 steps in.
If you want to see videos of the races and a toy train, check out my Instagram: @jersey_devil86
Until next year… TA Out!